Power of a Thank You
The Power of a Simple Thank You to boost customer engagment
Written by Pete Howroyd
A simple but overlooked customer initiative which brands can easily leverage to improve retention and engagement across their valued base
9th June 2022
Three Reasons Paid-For Subscriptions Win
Emotion Promotion: The new rules of Loyalty for the post-COVID era
Top 5 Reasons why your Loyalty Program is struggling
Just Say Thank you
To be awarded customer loyalty we need to create trust and to achieve trust we must have a consistent emotional connection to our customers. Many studies have concluded that a simple ‘Thank You’ is one of the most powerful mechanics to inspire trust and strengthen relationships of all kinds.
Saying Thank You to your customers is likely to inspire feelings of:
- A higher level of self-worth
- A greater desire to shop again
- Appreciation of being needed as a customer
- More socially valued and part of a bigger cause
Try some of my simple tips to spark an emotional connection with your customers today:
- Find out who shopped this week and send an email to say Thank You
- Send the top 10% of your customers a reward and if you have the right data, make it relevant to their purchase history
- Ask for an opinion on a product range or marketing campaign
- Give your most valued customers an unexpected gift; flowers, chocolates, a table for 2 at a restaurant or a handwritten card
- Give your CEO a list of your top 10 customers and ask them to call each one to give a personal Thank You
Showing gratitude is easier than you think!
I wonder what would happen if we did this in our personal relationships too...